We accept resumes and applications anytime throughout the year. Our open positions will vary based on the season. Listed below are general descriptions of positons we routinely hire. Please feel free to reach out to the Human Resources Department for additional information. Allison.Campbell@glplants.com; Cindy.Myers@glplants.com
Growing Operations Manager (NEW 11/6/20):The Growing Operations Manager will provide leadership, management, supervision and training of all growing personnel (4 grower supervisors and their staff of 14 section and assistant growers); Development and deployment of crop culture, pest management programs (including biologicals), improvements in production processes and systems via the grower supervisors and growing staff. The primary function of this position is to direct all the growing process and procedures of the 8 acre facility toward the goal of producing industry leading quality products that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations while ensuring that all horticultural and production practices are current, documented and monitored. The Growing Operations Manager is a member of the senior leadership team at Green Leaf Plants. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Supervise, mentor, develop and direct all growing staff and the growing operations.
• Work with growing managers to establish, and maintain appropriate crop environments, mist programs, fertilization programs, irrigation, pest and disease management.
• Work with other departmental managers and other departments to maintain or improve lean flow processes, improve throughput and reduce cost.
• Oversee procurement of growing department operating supplies.
• Oversee computerized environmental controls (Argus).
• Development, deployment and improvement of documented standard processes and procedures identify operational improvements in propagation yield, production losses, conformance to schedules, Scrap reduction and employee safety.
• Work with other departmental managers to maintain, improve and update crop schedules, plant quality and adherence to all schedules.
• When needed engage and support customers cultural needs, attend trade shows.
• Share learning across departments and the entire organization.
• Establish and maintain operational budgets, short and intermediate team operational plans and objectives, identify and estimate resource needs, facilitate workflow, distribute and supervise long range projects or trials.
• Manage through others the mandated compliance concerning pesticide application, reporting and storage.
• Green Leaf Plants is a 7 day- 24-hour live plant operation and as such responsibilities of the position includes the necessary management of off duty and emergency coverage. Weekend and holiday hours may be required for the position.
This is a full-time salaried position paid bi-monthly. Salary is based on experience. Experience must include supervision/ management (minimum of 3 years) and greenhouse or nursery growing (minimum of 3 years) The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study but not required if prior experience is applicable. Aris Horticulture, Inc. offers a competitive benefits package which includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K and paid time off. If you are interested in learning more about this great opportunity, please forward your resume to Cindy.Myers@glplants.com
Green Leaf Plants is dedicated to the safety of their employees. We are monitoring and taking recommended guidelines from the World Health Organization-WHO and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-CDC.
Production General Labor:Planting, transplanting plants in pots and ground; Harvesting plant cuttings; Stick and tag plant cuttings; fill soil; Cutting plant material; Move plant materials within the greenhouses; Pick and pack for shipping. Education/Experience: No formal education is required for this position however, simple tasks such as matching numbers and verbal communication are essential.